Hope you enjoy your Stay

Whats a Otherkin?? 1049838qv5nlsx7fi

YaNi-LiCiOuS
Welcome to My YaNi-LiCioUs WoLd
So Sweet So addicting.
Hope you enjoy your Stay

Whats a Otherkin?? 1049838qv5nlsx7fi

YaNi-LiCiOuS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhats a Otherkin?? 303hdw5Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog inGallery
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Menu
WeLcOmE!

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Dashey (276)
Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12Whats a Otherkin?? Fdjkdf12Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12 
Annabelle (219)
Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12Whats a Otherkin?? Fdjkdf12Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12 
gytzy (72)
yummypancake (50)
sweetpie (37)
sharoonMixy (31)
harrysuke (29)
The_Sith_Lord (21)
HoshiHoshi (10)
Samantharr (9)
Latest topics
» What kind of boots do you like/ wear?
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 pm by jessxc

» Heey Im Neww :)
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndTue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 am by Annabelle

» Howdy Ladies! Im New
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndFri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 am by DanielleAlison

» Girls Wars Friend codes!!!
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndThu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 am by Guest

» Secret Santa
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndMon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 am by gytzy

» Christmas Count down!!!
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm by Annabelle

» Get your forum on the Forum address book.
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Dec 13, 2009 5:34 pm by Dashey

» The forum colors
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm by sharoonMixy

» Which Forum Of Yanilicious Do You Like Most??
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Dec 13, 2009 3:00 pm by Dashey

» Reputation Points!
Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 pm by Dashey

Affiliate
Whats a Otherkin?? 2dhttuu
Whats a Otherkin?? 25pn0v6
Whats a Otherkin?? Misaversion1-1
Whats a Otherkin?? 1495ydu
Whats a Otherkin?? 14b1awo

Apply Now!Link to us
Affiliate Arcade
Whats a Otherkin?? Ppal10

Whats a Otherkin??

Go down 
3 posters

Do you belive?
You kidding im one of them!
Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv1225%Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12
 25% [ 1 ]
Yea right...
Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv120%Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12
 0% [ 0 ]
maybe anything can happen
 25% [ 1 ]
in fairytales only
Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv120%Whats a Otherkin?? Cvvvvv12
 0% [ 0 ]
yes. i belive
 25% [ 1 ]
i know some one who is that way
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Dashey
Founder
Founder
Dashey

Number of posts : 276

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Otherkin. Now that's a word I'm going to hope you haven't heard before. Why?
Because if you haven't, I have a clean slate to work with.

If you have heard of it, well...I apologize if your bias gets in the way of understanding.

So what does "Otherkin" mean, exactly? The word "Otherkin" has mysterious origins,
but it is thought to have originated in its use in the so-called "online elven community."
Other sources point to the therianthropy (another word I hope you have not seen)
which grew out of the newsgroup alt.horror.werewolves.

Regardle ss of the word's origins, it represents a belief that is at once simple and
extraordinarily complex. Persons who call themselves Otherkin believe that some
internal part of them (the soul, the spirit, and/or the mind) is somehow, in some way,
not quite human.

"How in the world could anyone come to such a ridiculous conclusion!" you exclaim.
But the portrayal of Otherkin as being nothing but self-deluded, socially withdrawn and
abused kids is quite inaccurate Most Otherkin question their existence, their beliefs, and
themselves every day. Most otherkin did not come to such a conclusion overnight, but
rather, spend years of their lives trying to figure out if there is some alternate cause for
what they feel and experience.

What is it that they feel that makes them come to such a belief? Well, that differs for
every person. Some people feel the strangest sensation as if they have extra limbs that
aren't really there - a phenomena referred to as "phantom limb syndrome". However,
unlike in the case of amputees sensing the missing limb is still there, Otherkin may feel limbs
that do not fit a human template - such as wings, beaks, claws, tails, hooves, horns, or any
number of possible limbs. So far, there has been no scientific research into the causes of these
extra "phantom" limbs, but the fact remains that some people feel them.

Others may have a feeling of being "out of place" their entire lives. Now, sure, this does often
coexist alongside being picked on at school. But think about this: If you already felt out of place
to begin with, why would you bother trying to fit in? Why would you adapt yourself to human ways
when you don't feel like they "fit"? So it's hard to say for sure what the exact cause of this is.

Some may even learn about past-life regression, and will regress and find that they have had a life
as something that is not human! This does not mean they are lying or making it up, nor does it
mean necessarily that they are any more "crazy" than people who have differing beliefs. The past-lives
of Otherkin vary greatly. Oftentimes, a person who has remembered such a life will see that the animal
they used to be, somewhat resembles something from mythology. So, in the absence of proper
terminology, that is what they name the creature, and that is what they begin to identify as.

These are not the say-all end-all of Otherkin experiences, but they seem to be the most common.
What's interesting to note is that many otherkin whom I've talked to have been psychologically
evaluated, and found to be quite stable and reasonable. I can't provide very much in the way of
"definite facts" about Otherkin, because for one thing there is no formal study being done on them;
and for another, their beliefs all differ too much to even start to categorize!

Whats a Otherkin?? Samhain
Back to top Go down
http://mypinkillusion.blogspot.com
Annabelle
Admin
Admin
Annabelle

Number of posts : 219

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 pm

so....by the word Otherkin, you mean there are some people who feel stuff beyond normal human capabilities? these can be anything, like hypersensitivity or, as you said, phantom claws? wow! gives me the creeps thinking about it all....
Back to top Go down
Dashey
Founder
Founder
Dashey

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 pm

yea... you probably wont belive it but theres so many kinds of otherkin AKA gifted ones/talented
suppernatural ECT!

as amatter of fact i know a couple real Psychic vampires. theres these cool sites where people like
that get together and chat. Ill look for them a post them asap.
Back to top Go down
Annabelle
Admin
Admin
Annabelle

Number of posts : 219

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndSun Sep 27, 2009 11:04 pm

What???!!! you're telling me psychic vampires actually exist??? whoah!!
Back to top Go down
gytzy
Developer
Developer
gytzy

Number of posts : 72

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndMon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 am

yea i heared they did too.
but they dont drink blood. they eat enery out of people.
an make them feel bad
Back to top Go down
Dashey
Founder
Founder
Dashey

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrndMon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 am

true but some do drink blood Wink
i know it sounds creepy but yup its true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats a Otherkin?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats a Otherkin??   Whats a Otherkin?? 1239681zlvrj3lrnd

Back to top Go down

Whats a Otherkin??
Page 1 of 1